Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 16 Bellinzona to Sesto Calende 57.52 miles

Trip distance 57.52 miles ride time 4 hr19mins  av speed 13.29mph max spd 30.62mph altitude up 1620ft
(Lago Maggoire)

After a good night sleep in our hotel we set off for Lake Maggoire.

Traffic was bad to start with but got less heavy as we passed into Italy. 

Italy has instantly endeared itself to me, we stopped for lunch in a lakeside restaurant that was full of locals, always a good sign! I had smelt fish cooking a few hundred metres down the road and so I went for a sea bass in basil sauce with olives and potatoes sprinkled over it! YES ITALY, best meal I've had and very reasonable, john kept it safe with a calzone that was also good, and we washed it down with a dirt cheap glass of red wine that wasn't bad, Yes Italy!!
(Uuuuuummmmm bass)
( yes Italy)

We had a little pudding, then stopped in the next village and found an awesome gelato shop, again rammed full of locals, brilliant ice cream, and again it was at a reasonable price, YES ITALY!!


The same place also had a little 2nd hand book tent on the edge of the lake, to my supprise it had a small English section and I picked up Micheal Moore's bio and a novel by Yann Martell. I've started the bio,it's brilliant to be reading I've really missed it after 'Kindle gate'. 

I had a swim in Lake Maggiore while John went ahead to find the campsite, it was brilliant, little swim then read a bit, then little swim the read a bit more. It was almost like being on holiday. 

I caught john up at the campsite and we decided to move sight as it was a bit shabby and Sesto Calende has about 25campsites. We found a better one and I've set the hammock and tent up, cooked dinner and am now swinging in the hammock.

Only down side is it's all kicking off on the other side of the lake, which is annoyingly rather narrow here. Sesto seems to be a big party town and there is some serious box stacking trance being pumped out. Might be a headphones in kind of night. 

Peace and love. Viva Italia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment