Thursday, July 24, 2014

Day 13 rest day Lucerne 4 unofficial miles!!

It pains me to start sentences with the word 'so'. Let alone paragraphs hence this babble.......... So it turns out johns cut was worse than doctor T Genders first thought, or so the proper Swiss doctor we saw today said. 

After a deserved lie in, a bacon and egg bap cooked poorly on the camp stove by me and some boring 'must do' jobs, I was depressed because it was raining and then John wanted to take the bandages off and see how his finger was. It was not great; still bleeding and taking the bandage off clearly made it very uncomfortable, it's fair to say john nearly got a 2nd look at his bacon bap. 

He held it in though, I enquired about doctors at reception and off we went round the lake to find the surgery. Thankfully the rain had stopped. After a 2nd enquiry at Tourist info we found the place and john joined the queue.  He gave me permission to go off for a look around. The sun was now out and things warming up.

(An extremely nice looking hotel, I imagine you would need to remortgage to go for breakfast there though, so I went to Swiss Coop) 

Walking round Lucerne was fun, there were loads of tourists and I walked across the medieval bridge first, I saw some photos of it burning down in 1993 I think so it had been restored brilliantly.
(Lucerne's famous footbridge) 
(One of the many ferries)

John text me a couple of hours later and I went to meet him, it was 3 o'clock so a good part of his day off had been taken up and he was now £75 ($111 Swiss francs) worse off. The doc had put iodine on the cut and butterfly stitches, and it is now in a splint as it must be kept straight, this may be difficult for cycling tomorrow, but there are a lot of options with trains if things go wrong. 

I will now just show you some photos of Lucerne:
(Interesting overhang! Great for a bit of shade)
(An amazingly clean Swiss public toilet so swanky I thought it deserved a photo, it cost $2 to get in though! That pretty much sums up Switzerland)

(Mural)
(Cooling my feet in lake Lucerne I went for a proper swim in the evening)
(#sunset#Alps#dench#nthat)
(Wistful and nursing injured paw)
The campsite vending machine which alongside the fruit juice and cola sells: pregnancy tests, condoms and Swiss canabis ice tea.


I cooked john a heart shaped burger* for dinner for being brave and he even had ketchup on it, good times.

Big day in the alps tomorrow, pray for us :) xx
 
* I could only find heart shaped ones in Coop so Hayley and Nickey need not worry any more than they already do.

No comments:

Post a Comment